Policy Updated: December 9, 2018
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a MomClone account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: your full name, a password, an email address, and possibly your phone number. In some cases, we also collect birth dates to ensure that users under 13 years of age are not being sent information from us. In addition, if you elect to subscribe to our service with a paid subscription, you’ll need to provide a credit card number, the name on the credit card, the credit card billing address, the phone number associated with the credit card, the card verification code (CVC), and the credit card’s expiration date. You may also elect to upload a logo and a profile photo. Some of this information may be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information depending on how you configure our services. This information is stored in the United States.
You’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the services, such as messages, updates, and other content that you send to your invitees. Please keep in mind that the users you send content to can always save that content or copy it outside of our services. Thus, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to MomClone as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
We also may request non-personal information about your interests and activities, your gender, your location (such as ZIP code and/or country), and other demographic or profile information and we may ask you to complete a survey or send us a review. We collect this information to better inform our Tool development, new features, and also what marketing materials we send to you.
If you link our services with any third-party social networking service then we may collect certain information related to or associated with your account with that social networking service. For example, our services allow you to create and/or associate an account on our services using your Facebook account credentials. You may have the ability to control what information is shared from these third-party social network services by adjusting the privacy settings on those services. Our services also allow you to create and/or associate an account on our services using your Google account credentials. You may have the ability to control what information is shared via that service as well.
Additionally, when you contact customer support or communicate with MomClone in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer to share with us.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for example, that you’ve created three events on our Gatherings Tool, watched a video for a certain period of time, and sent updates to invitees. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- How you interact with the services, such as which Designs you typically use, which Tools you use the most, or which search queries you submit.
- How you communicate with other MomCloners, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, and the number of communications you exchange with them.
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services, such as logos, and information about the content you create or provide, such as the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- Information about your hardware and software, such as (but not limited to) your IP address, the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone.
- Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, and signal strength.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your geographic and geolocation.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- Details about how you’ve used our services.
- Device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages viewed.
- IP address.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their contacts—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s contacts with other information we have collected about you.
We may use third-party advertising companies to target advertisements to you on our services, across the web, on your mobile device and on any of your other devices, based on the information we have collected from and about you, as well as information relating to your and other users’ visits to this and other websites and online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags) or recognize an identifier associated with your mobile device. These companies may also use these technologies; along with personal information they or we collect on the different devices you use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device, a laptop, or other computer. There are many sources through which you can acquire additional information about your choices with respect to these practices. Please visit any of the following:
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? We use it to provide you with the best products and services we can. The information gives us insights as to how we can better serve you. Here how:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our services.
- Deliver communications, such as, but not limited to, invitations to events and/or other products and services that you have requested and/or purchased.
- Share information that you have voluntarily provided about yourself with other invitees who have been invited to participate in the same events or group.
- Send you communications, including by email and SMS (text). For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- Verify your eligibility and then deliver prizes associated with sweepstakes and contests.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Personalize the services by, among other things, customizing the content we show you such as blog post or ads.
- Provide and improve ad targeting and measurement, which may include the use of your precise location data (if you’ve consented to us collecting that data), both on and off our services.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- Use information from social network services (such as Facebook) to create or access a MomClone account.
- Use information from Google to create or access a MomClone account.
- Use financial information for the purpose of processing payments for our services, and to protect against fraud or other unauthorized or illegal financial transaction activity.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open a URL or an app to view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other MomCloners. We may share the following information with other MomCloners:
- Information about you, such as your name, and email address.
- Communications regarding events or groups to which you are all invited, as well the content of any messages/descriptions you post or send related to the event or group.
- Any additional information you have consented for us to share.
- With all MomCloners, our business partners, and the general public. We may share the following information with all MomCloners as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- Information like your name, email address, and profile picture.
- With our affiliates.
- With our authorized service providers so that they can, among other things:
- Fulfill orders, print and mail physical communications, process credit card payments, process accounting for MomClone, LLC, provide customer support, provide marketing assistance, perform business and sales analysis, support the functionality and data and technology infrastructure of our services, and support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other features offered through our services. Our service providers are not permitted to share your personal information with others.
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If MomClone, LLC gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third-party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third-parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third-parties you interact with through our services.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information on the Site by visiting the Site’s Account Settings page. You can always Contact Us if you have questions about your account. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
- Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your contacts or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Account Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong MomCloner, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just contact us with a formal request (that references the email address associated with your account) to delete your account. Please note that once an account is deleted, any files within that account will be lost, and we will not be able to restore them. Visit our Contact page. If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers. During this period, your account will not be visible to other MomCloners.
- Public vs. Private Events. While we offer the options for who can sign up for an event in our Event Settings page, we cannot make an event strictly private. If an uninvited person somehow acquires the event page link, he or she may view the event page, but will not be able to sign up for the event.
The security of all personally identifiable information associated with users of this Site is of great concern to Us. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Once we receive your transmission, we use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems. When credit card information is transmitted, we use SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology. Any account information you enter on this site is password-protected so that only you can access it. You should not divulge your password or user identification number to anyone. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Users Outside the United States
Although we are a United States based company, please be aware that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, your information may be shared with MomClone, LLC. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. This Policy and the storage, use, and disclosure of your information under this Policy, is governed by the laws on the United States. The services are controlled and operated by MomClone, LLC from the United States and you expressly waive the application of any laws of any territory other than the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our services, you understand and agree that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy, and the laws of the United States apply to the use, storage, and disclosure of your information.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age 13.
1187 Coast Village Road, Suite 1-775
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Attn: Privacy Officer